Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Lack of Posts - Holidays - New Job

Hello readers,


I'm sure many of you have noticed I have not been posting much lately. Due to the holiday season, and a recent job move, I have been quite busy getting all of my ducks in a row, so to speak. I will resume blogging volcano news shortly.

I hope everyone had a great holiday season, and no volcanoes exploded in your backyard. Obviously, Yellowstone didn't blow up, and all the world's supervolcanoes remain quiet, so the world keeps moving on!

In case you missed some of the more recent volcano develpoments, Ecuador's Tungurahua volcano continues to have large eruptions and pyroclastic flow. Tolbachik in Russia's Kamchatka peninsula is continuing a spectacular fissure eruption, which is issuing long lava flows. Kilauea has resumed feeding lava into the ocean, and lava lake levels are on the rise again.

Other than the usual culprits, not much is going on in the way of new eruptions, however on the Chile-Argentina border, Volcan Copahue has been raised to Alert Level Red, the highest alert, after a few days of strong seismicity, and minor ash eruptions. This volcano is expected/suspected to increase its eruptive power soon, if seismicity is any indicator. The last eruption for Volcan Copahue was in July-Oct, 2000.

I will resume the normal blog format when I get some time, and if anything really cool happens, I'll make some time to write about it.

Happy Holidays, and I hope everyone has a great New Year!

-M

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated. See the comment policy for details.