Friday, January 27, 2012

Blog Updates and Changes

First off, I'd like to thank all of my readers for coming to my blog, and hopefully enjoying good reporting on volcanic eruptions, earthquakes, and other topics of interest. I love writing about this stuff, and it's always nice to run across another blog with good reporting and content in this cyber-world of bad reports, lies, and sensationalist yellow journalism. Apart from the blogs I regularly visit for good information (Wired Eruptions, Jon Frimann, John Seach, Earthquake-report.com, Smithsonian GVP, etc), this blog has actually topped several of the aforementioned blogs in traffic, and content. Thank you for making this possible.

I'd like to take the time to tell you what it is I actually do for my reports, and appeal to your sense of philanthropy in regards to donations and ad revenue.

While this is a blog I started out of the goodness of my heart, and a desire for better reports on volcanoes, the potential for making a it of money off of my hobby cannot be ignored.

I have installed a "donate" button on my blog, in case you don't feel like looking at ads to support my column. So if you're feeling frisky, please click on the Google donate button, and donate what you feel my blogs are worth! This will go to blog improvements, future expeditions to volcanoes with great photography and first-hand reports, not to mention, I might be able to eat some fancy food at a nice restaurant with my girlfriend!

While this blog will ALWAYS be free to view, comment, and re-post (I do hereby give TOTAL AUTHORIZATION TO ALL VIEWERS to re-post my content to their hearts desire), in order to keep me up and running with a nice computer, Internet, and a home, a little extra money never hurts.

A big thank you to all the readers who have made this blog what it is today. A blog dedicates to good, accurate, and non-sensationalist reporting. Yeah, a lot of it is boring, but reality is usually a lot less exciting than made-up 'facts' about volcanoes. Sure, I won't tell you the world is going to end, but I use real scientific data to report, and am not afraid to call out those who would distort that data for sensationalist journalism (DailyMail.co.uk, I am looking squarely at YOU).

So if you're feeling a bit heavy with pocket change, please feel free to dispose of it my way. I assure you it will go to good use, and only improve what I have started here.

So until a supervolcano, asteroid, gamma burst, or WWIII breaks out, I thank you for your support, and your patronage. I can only hope to continue to be on top of all things geological, for as long as I can keep it up.

Read on!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated. See the comment policy for details.